Saturday, September 24, 2011

Trends

This week in class we discussed current family trends. Some were more surprising than others but the one that I found most interesting is about household composition. The numbers of families with married couples, or male or female households are declining while the numbers of non-family households with male or female householders are increasing. I found this a really interesting trend because it seems like everything is starting to turn backwards in the world. The world seems to be getting away from family values, and the importance of family is not emphasized or discussed as much. More people are also cohabiting with each other before or instead of getting married. These and other trends make me really sad and scared sometimes. I wonder what the world will be like in ten years. What will families be like. There is some comfort in knowing that we are commanded to have families and that families are forever. I hope that I will be able to make just a small difference in someone else's family or be able to convince someone about why families are so important and vital.

No comments:

Post a Comment