Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Transitions into Marriage!

This topic this week was like my life! I just got married and I feel like I am still transitioning into it. Some things we talked about that I thought were important were: Set up a foundation: this includes family rules, expectations and roles. Figure out who does what ans work together. Next: Build your "picket fence": this doesn't mean build a real fence. This is a figurative fence around your new little family. There's "holes or spaces" where people (like your family) can come in but there is a definite boundary. This provides separation, you may be thinking "but I don't like separation", this is a good kind of separation. You can still be close to your family but they don't have to know every single little thing about your life. Also: Figure out how you will deal with finances and how you will settle arguments. This week was so helpful! I was able to go home and talk to Jordan about some things that I learned that I thought we could do and I think we have improved a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment